Sunday, August 28, 2022

Newt & Arno's Collections

 I've seen two great collections at Stout Auctions this week.  I am glad that they are going through Stout as they are incredibly reputable, honest and family owned.  As a buyer (in the past), I've been incredibly happy with their packing and shipping and was even glad to pay their auction house costs as their service was (in fact) that good.  They also accurately describe what they are auctioning and it was my experience that the in-person auctions are every bit as fun (maybe more) than online.  With Covid starting to slow down and go away, going to an auction house for a great auction should definitely be on the menu.

The Stout Team is 100% spot on showing the Jerry Brown Green Diamond as the highlight of Arno's auction.  I highly recommend checking out both auctions.  My guess is you'll see many of the items running around the SGMA layout @ York or in one of the shows coming up.  Most of these trains are better on a big layout (like any of the SGMA layouts) and not on a shelf.


Yes, Arno's collection does make me a little sad.  Although I am glad his family will benefit from the sale.  And if you do not have the book from Arno and Dave Carse, please buy it.  It will give you much better insight into this auction.

Newt Derby's prewar trains are also extremely well documented and there are some unique items such as the prewar layout, tunnels and scenic lots.  Makes me wish I didn't live in such a small house!

Interested to hear what everyone and/or anyone picks up at these auctions.  They're both for great people from a very solid auction house.

M

No comments: