Saturday, August 17, 2013

More Swiss Model Railroading

My friend and fellow train enthusiast Michel went to yet another very cool exhibition.  This one was of some very rare and highly unusual specialty trains that can be seen all over the world.  These particular trains are unique though as the Swiss have refined and used them since their inception.  I'd recommending jumping onto the website via Google and doing some translation (Chrome will do so automatically).

PS I have been fiddling with the idea of a train vacation in Europe... I did one between Prague, Vienna and Paris and it was really great.  This just means I have yet another stop over in Switzerland!

The below is just a small sample of the pics on the site.  This exhibition looks fantastic!!!

http://www.bergbahnausstellung.ch/


Marc

PS I love the first picture!  I am pretty sure if I was that kid my parents would have needed a crowbar to get me out of that backyard!




No comments: