Sunday, October 26, 2014

The One That Keeps Getting Away

There are few items in standard gauge that I "must have".  At this point in my life, I'm glad to just get time with the friends I've made and to see their amazing collections.  But here is one car or item I wish would get made.


I'm not sure who made it but I think it is way cool.  It's motorized, standard gauge, a work car.  I've seen prototypes on the Metro North, LIRR, even the T in Boston .  Work cars are a big deal everywhere.  I also think the neat thing about this car is the color.  It could be Union Pacific or a stock car.  Regardless, I've only seen it once and never again.  Not glossy or glitzy but stunning nonetheless.

Marc

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was made by Alan Wakeling of Wakeling Locomotive Works... the same guy who made the little rail cars. A few years ago it came to be added to my collection, now you know where it is.

ARNO