Monday, October 15, 2007

A quick walk in NYC



I was walking down the street in NYC (near West 4th and Bleecker. It was getting late and I was just hanging around walking around after dinner. We started walking down Bleecker and I saw....

Prewar Lionel trains in a store window! Could it be?!?! I'd seen postwar Lionel trains in the Bloomingdales window one year and I thought I was going to pass out. Real prewar Lionel in a shop in NYC?

The place was called "Second Childhood". The address is 28 Bleecker Street. I remembered it; my sister had told me about it when she lived not far from there. She said the gentleman that owned it was great to speak to and he had "my kind" of toys.

So I took a few shots with my camera phone. Before you think I don't know how to use a camera please remeber that camera phones are generally worthless and are epecially worthless at night. Thus I have to apologize for the lousy quality in advance. By the way, if you opt for one of these camera phones, ask how easy it is to get the damn pictures off before you buy it.
I'm going to go into the store (when there aren't bars on the windows) and I'll take a better camera.
M


No comments: