Thursday, August 28, 2008

Linked In

For those of you not familiar with Linked In, it is an online service that is free of charge. It's for grown ups, it is designed mostly for business people to stay in touch and look at resumes and make recommendations.

I have found it is a great way of staying in touch with people without hammering them with emails and the like. Perhaps it is time we train folks use Linked In? Maybe start a TCA Group?

I'd like to see us start to leverage our power and message out there a bit more than we do. Or are we just content to watch our trains go around our layouts and hope that someone doesn't bid up that favorite loco on eBay?
I use this service often. I have kept in touch with folks I haven't seen or worked with in 15 years. So even more. I know the TCA publishes a big old book every year with names and addresses in it but I have train friends that aren't in the TCA or spend most of their time with TTOS. This could bridge all those gaps. Go out and join. It costs nothing and could be a tremendous tool.

For crying out loud, go out and join it and give it a try. It's a passive service that essentially requires diddly for effort. Stop being a garden slug!


Marc


No comments: