Thursday, September 10, 2009

Favorite Trainstore


I don't say this about just anyplace. I was rolling around Parsippany, NJ today and I came across my favorite train store of all time. It's been about 13 years since I have been there and I can't believe the years went that fast! And far too quickly. And I really should stop by here at least once a year if not once a month. This is the Train Collectors Warehouse in Parsippany, NJ. If you like standard gauge and you want to speak to some of the MOST knowledgable people about toy trains anywhere (especially old Lionel, Flyer, etc.) this is the destination.

I took some pictures to follow up on this. I saw some stuff today I have actually never seen before. Voltamp, Boucher and the like. I am glad I happened upon this place again. The owners (Morgan and Predeville) are just plain good people that really know their stuff. Ed's son works in the shop as well and he is definitely an expert in his own right. I saw plenty of original 2 7/8 gauge today and some other items that just plain knocked my socks off.

I will post some pics later, watch out for them! Go see these guys, this is one of those "I wish I had when I had the chance." types of places. Even if you can't afford that Comet set it's worth the time, effort and money to see what they have and if they can get you that one elusive item you need (or have never seen). Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

Marc
Posted by Picasa

No comments: