Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Tis the season....

I jumped on the Metro North today at 6:40 am.  Normally I am a little groggy although I am a morning person (yes, I know, eww).  As I jumped on the MTA, I noticed a sign and it was AWESOME.  At 6:40 am on a Grand Central bound train I saw the wondrous graphics for the New York Botanical Garden Train Show.  

This isn't a show to buy or trade stuff, this is just a show to see probably one of the best garden rail layouts in the world.  In one of the best settings in the world.  The show starts on November 17th and runs thru January 13th, 2013.  I am absolutely going with camera!

On a side note, I stopped by the MTA Museum store in Grand Central (in NYC) and they were setting up the holiday train exhibition!!!  The guard told me that the full launch is right after Thanksgiving.  Yes, I know it is a time for train shows, sharpening up layouts and so on.  But these two items plus the Jerni collection make NYC a must go for train nuts this year!



Marc

No comments: