Monday, October 20, 2008

So How Was York?

I have a couple of dealer friends who are very pleased with their sales at York last week. It seems like people were buying trains in spite of the economic problems we have. As I walked around the aisles I thought to myself that, wow, there are a lot of trains for sale! But, crowds in the halls on Friday were large. I had a nice time and enjoyed talking to a number of friends and meeting people for the first time, like Mark, Don and Naomi of New England Toy Train Exchange. I picked up some parts and paint, the new Lionel Fun Factory book, and a scarce C&F car. It was a good York for me.

Recently Dan and I took a river boat cruise on the Schuylkill River in Philadelphia, a river that is noteworthy for a number of railroad bridge crossings including this massive swing bridge. The center section reminds me of many of the toy train bridges that have been made over the years, including the great prewar AF wooden Wide gauge lighted span that is such an impressive accessory.

Jim

No comments: