Wednesday, April 06, 2005

The General @ Henry Ford


I never really liked these kinds of engines. They always seemed to old fashioned and toy like. I remember when I was a kid, I had a book about trains and it was full of guys with big moustaches and goofy looking clothes standing around wrecks of engines like the one above.

What actually floored me was how nice this engine is when you really get to see it close up. This is definitely not something that should be damned to pulling a few cars of tourists around an amusement park. It ocurred to me (as I was looking at it) that the brass #7 was really the closest loco we have in standard gauge to something like this. I know that Classic Model Trains also put out some similar engines but not much could capture the spirit of an engine like this (except maybe Joe Mania's Super 7).

M Posted by Hello

No comments: