Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am thankful. I am thankful for your time and your desire to read my scibbling. I am also thankful I have the time and means to even think about having some of these amazing toys.

My Dad loved Lionel but he never had the time to actually collect anything. He had 5 kids to feed and still found time to take a precocious 9 year old to some very large train meets in Michigan and at the Fairlane Town Center in Dearborn, Mi.. That had to be the biggest meet I have ever seen in my life (no, not as big as York but close).

I am thankful that I have a family that tolerates my folly with trains and toys (sometimes going broke until the next paycheck) and lives with a train room and office that has been referred to as the "largest petry dish in the world". If you look in the Thesaurus under thankful, you will see "beholden, content, contented, grateful, gratified, indebted, much obliged, obliged, overwhelmed, pleased, relieved, satisfied". I am all of those things with my life, family and hobby. I hope you are too. Happy holidays -

Marc

No comments: