Thursday, March 01, 2007

Wow, what a collection

Blow this picture up and it really hits you. It's from an old TTOS bulletin (I know, you're probably getting sick of me writing that).

That's John Daniel, yep, the old TTOS President and one of the founders of JAD. That's a small part of his collection. Trains don't necessarily need to be on a layout to be well displayed.

Just remember that this was acquired over time going to meets and TCA/TTOS events. There was no eBay at that time. I think these guys knew something about collecting besides having a big income. I just wish I could have seen this collection when he was putting it together.

Oh what I wouldn't give to go back in time to my youth with a digial camera and a couple of plane tickets.....

M

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marc,

Any info about that suspension bridge?

Bert

Standard Gauge Blogger said...

Bert,
It doesn't say anything in the article about it. I'll check it again just to make sure.

I am thinking I may give John a call; I've got to find out if he still has all this stuff!

Marc