Saturday, May 05, 2007

ARGHGHGHGGH!!!!!!!!!!!

So I've been watching this thing for a couple weeks, patiently waiting for the auction to start, and had been watching the auction live for the whole morning, and right before this comes up I pick that time to call a friend of mine and got lost in a conversation with him and looked up to see it hammered down on my screen for only slightly less than I was willing to pay for it. It is to cry.


Unless it is a Jimmy Cohen special, this is a very rare trolley lettered for a Baltimore street. Lionel did that, and the ones known include Preston street and Curtis Bay. I have never seen this one before, but it is a major street that goes out from the Inner Harbor in Baltimore. It went for about the same price as a normal #2 in this condition. My only consolation is that the buyer was probably planning to outbid everyone, regardless of price.
-Alex

No comments: