Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Ives Impact


It's hard to tell what kind of impact the Ives' had on Connecticut, however I don't think I'd be out of line if I said it was fairly profound. I don't live anywhere near Bridgeport and you can see quite a few hints of the Ives family in my town.

I like it. Most people probably don't have a clue as to why these folks were important unless they are train buffs or are history professors. I wish I could see more hints of their toys and trains in my town as well... I'll try to grab the pics as I see them.

Matter of fact, I just made a small decision. I am going to go to Bridgeport and snap a pantload of Ives pics for history. I am also going to truck up to New Haven and grab some shots of the old Lionel Factory. I have heard (from a good source) that on the top of the Lionel Factory, you can still see the outlines of the words "Lionel Corp." on the top of the factory. Time to fire up my digital camera and grab some history. Get ready for some unseen (or at least very rare) stuff. I also know a guy that is very familiar with the old AC Gilbert Factory. I'll see how many stops I can make in a day.

MPosted by Hello

No comments: