Wednesday, October 18, 2006

JAD Hiawatha

I've seen quite a few speculations about JAD in the Tinplate forums. Here is the TTOS Bulletin where the first JAD Loco (the Hiawatha) was introduced.

May 1974 was a good year for standard gauge. Actually 2006 and 2007 isn't too bad for standard gauge either.

Check out John Daniel's (it's Daniel by the way) introduction to JAD. This is a small part of the story of Daniel and the various toy train hobbyists in California. I've heard some good stories. They were a very, very creative bunch (think Dick Mayer, Ward Kimball, John Daniel and on and on).

Check out John's write up below.

M

PS Join TTOS and be part of a whole bunch of people that are also nuts for standard gauge stuff (and tend to take matters into their own hands!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am the son of Dick Battaglia, he was the "D" in JAD and Art Varney was the A and John Daniel was the J.
My father was the last remaining partner until his passing last year (2014).
I actually have that TTOS you have posted right next to me along with a lot of JAD memorabilia from that time, including NOS trains.
Anyway, if you have any questions you can email me at sean.seafood@yahoo.com.