Wednesday, January 09, 2008

eBay Shipping

I've seen some very disturbing emails floating around and discussion topics on the forums on the above topic. Click on the link to go to the Might Bargain Hunter website to get some additional info on what's driving this new form of fraud.
I was actually just burned to the tune of $150 by one of these new eBay stores selling products on eBay for walk in customers. The devil is in their fine print and their shipping charges aren't obvious until you get to their checkout.

They actually want $5 for you to walk in the store and pick up the item! Why the heck don't they just push that cost into the net costing of the listing and item?
Here's what I've started doing - for larger ticket items, I go and look at the sellers past auctions and I now do read the fine print. I'm not going to dwell on this too long. Ebay also has substantial overviews on shipping that are excellent and very forthright. All I know is that I ship from the UPS Store and packing for a very expensive train (double boxing) is almost always $25 bucks and they do an excellent job (at least near my house).
Please, just be careful and read the fine print.
Marc


No comments: