Tuesday, July 26, 2005

1979 TCA Quarterly - 25th Anniversary Cont.2


A C&F Mining train in standard gauge. Oh Sweet Mother of Abraham Lincoln! SOMEONE HAS GOT TO MAKE THIS THING! I wonder if this guy is still building things or if he has one on his mantle he'll sell me.

Check out that GG1 from Willard Forney! It pulls 16 cars! I think I saw one on eBay a couple of weeks ago going for a little over $1k. That's more than I would want to start for the bidding but wow! That thing is incredible.

Even the 1979 Christmas Trolley is something unusual.

Any thoughts on new standard gauge from 2005? It blows me away that 1979 was a better year for standard gauge than 2005!

By the way, there is also (yes, another standard gauge article) in this issue on the McCoy's. Let me know if you would like me to scan it in and post it.

The more I see this stuff the more I want a machine shop in my house. Unfortunately my little house is already overloaded with stuff. Who has a machine shop that wants to build things and have people buy them (that doesn't require a customs search after the stuff is built)?!?!?

M Posted by Picasa

PS The best way to view these pics is to click on them (that goes to the original), click on the original and drag it to your hard drive. Double click on the file that is now on your HD; you can explode it and it is much easier to read.

No comments: