Monday, July 25, 2005

The New Lionel Catalog

Just saw the new Lionel Catalog. It's funny, when I was a kid I really did think this was what the Lionel Factory looked like. Having seen the Gilbert factory up close, I think this really isn't far from what they really did look like (at least Gilbert).

Lionel's catalog is more for baby boomer collectors than anything else. Zero standard gauge. Not much up the way of accessories (that I liked at least). No more power stations or metal bridges (Hellgate). All really expensive toys that are made somewhere else. I do like the toys Lionel produced in the past. I sure do hope some of the company pictured at the right catches the innovation bug and invents something I would actually buy. Suffice to say, the catalog was depressing.

Marc

No comments: