Sunday, July 03, 2005

Blue 3245R from MTH


Ok, so I compared this to the green MTH 3245R and it definitely is not green. The green on the 3245R from MTH is almost spot on the original.

One thing MTH did that I really liked: they included Ives and Lionel Compatible couplers with this engine. It also runs really, really smooth, even on horrible track like mine.

So could this be Kadet Blue? I have to pour through my library to see if I can get a color match going for the 3245R. I was hoping someone that has one of these could let me know beforehand.

By the way, I apologize for the goofy spacing at the top of the site. I need to fix some of the HTML. Please tolerate the mess for just a little while. I have a ton of good stuff coming. I have found vast amounts of what I would lovingly call "lost standard gauge information" in old TCA Quarterlys. I have spent a couple of bucks and grabbed all of the quarterlys from the 50's, 70's and 80's with one year of the 70's still eluding me and most of the 60's still eluding me. They won't get away for long though. These things, have a ton of info that has been more or less lost to antiquity. I am trying to figure out how to get these all put into PDF format and stored in an online vault for us to use.

M Posted by Picasa

No comments: