Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Grand Central & Christmas

Last Saturday I organized a trip and took 12 members of my local train club to New York City riding on the New Jersey Transit Northeast corridor line. Once in town we visited Grand Central Station to see the spectacular new light show and the MTA museum branch in the station. There is some tinplate on display and the Lionel layout is drawing a big crowd (see the write up in the December issue of CTT.) Other attractions we visited included FAO Schwartz and "The Station" multi-gauge layout at the CitiGroup building. FAO Schwartz has a nice contemporary Lionel display, but my cast iron floor toy collector friend and I spent more time in the antique toy department tucked away around the corner from Lionel. There we found many high end tin toy treasures suitable as a gift for the toy train collector who has everything!
Jim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That knob roof orange set is one of my favorites. I want to see it run!

Bert

Anonymous said...

That knob roof orange set is one of my favorites. I want to see it run!

Bert