Saturday, December 30, 2006

TMCC or DCS

I've been chiming in about TMCC vs. DCS on the Standard Gauge Groups. I'd imagine everyone is tired of hearing my rambling.


This little pic is from the NY Transit Museum and it is a prewar bridge control (for a real bridge, not Lionel).


I will post a few more pics, it's really amazing. When I see this thing, it makes me think of how far we have come and yet how amazing this old stuff is. The interaction between the operator and the controls is so obvious, even 80 years after it was built. It's just an incredible chunk of machinery and I could easily see it controlling a standard gauge pike. No, I couldn't walk around but I could control a whole lot of stuff and never have to worry about anyone losing the remote!


Marc

Ok, one more:



No comments: