Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Tempelin Disney Handcar


Whatever James paid was probably worth it. I think I have seen one of these maybe twice at auctions. Never on a train table at a show. I'll be looking for this at York this year.

I know this will sound like absolute heresy but this handcar looks much more robust than the Lionel flavor from the 30's. No, I am not an idiot, I know the Lionel version was O gauge and this is standard gauge.

This isn't cheap like that plastic junk Lionel tried to sell in G gauge. Quality lasts a lifetime (and in the case of this handcar, probably way longer than that), period.

Marc

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a George Templin product as well. These weren't as beefy as the McCoy handcars were, they are fun though.

All these pictures makes me wonder what else this guy Frank has!!

ARNO